AS THE government announces plans for schools reopening today, many parents will be on the hunt for new school uniforms for the first time in months.
And helpfully John Lewis currently has a huge sale on its uniforms with prices starting at just £2.
- John Lewis & Partners Girls' Pull On School Trousers, Black, £2.05 – buy here
But eager parents will have to be quick as keen mums and dads have already snapped up plenty of the bargains on offer with many items out of stock.
Highlights still on offer include a pair of black versatile pull-on trousers costing just £2.05.
You can also bag a smart school pencil skirt in navy blue, perfect for secondary school with prices starting at just £2.55.
And for those with kids starting swimming lessons in next year, John Lewis is currently flogging its Speedo swim briefs for just £1.40.
- John Lewis & Partners Senior Girls' School Pencil Skirt, Navy, £2.55 – buy here
- John Lewis & Partners Boys' Adjustable Waist Tailored Fit School Trousers, Charcoal, £3.40 – buy here
The store has plenty of offers on branded uniforms for individual institutions too.
The bargains have not gone unnoticed by proactive mums, with one sharing the news on the Facebook group Extreme Couponing & Bargains UK.
Excited mums commented: “John Lewis uniforms are the best.”
“Thank you for posting this. I ordered last night ?” said another.
- Speedo Boys' Endurance Swim Briefs, Navy, £1.40 – buy here
Government plans for schools reopening
Education Secretary Gavin Williamson confirmed the plan this morning to get kids safely back to school in September.
The plan in full includes…
- Staggered breaks and start times
- Year group 'bubbles' to minimise spread and whole schools could have to isolate
- They even have to stay in their bubble on the bus to and from school
- Fringe subjects can be dropped to focus on Maths and English at the start of the year
- Kids will HAVE to go back to school from September, or their parents will face a £120 fine again.
- Nursery class size limits scrapped
- All kids can attend summer clubs but only in groups of 15
- Adapted class rooms to social distance
- No school choirs or assemblies
- A £1billion plan to include a tutoring programme for disadvantaged kids to catch up
In other school news, Morrisons is also having a clearance on school uniform with prices starting at £1.20.
And parents admit to decontaminating their kids after school amid coronavirus fears.
Plus we also shared a mum's hilarious homeschooling plan for ‘home economics’ and parents are instantly on board.
Source: Read Full Article