The ‘Sweet Dreams’ rocker, who has been accused of spitting on a videographer’s camera during his 2019 concert, is expected to report to the Los Angeles Police Department.
AceShowbiz –Marilyn Manson will no longer be a wanted man in New Hampshire. One month after officials issued a warrant for his arrest in relation to an alleged assault that occurred in the past, the “Sweet Dreams” rocker finally agreed to surrender himself to police.
On Friday, June 25, Gilford Police Chief Anthony Bean announced that the 52-year-old star will report to the Los Angeles Police Department as a part of a joint agreement between the Gilford Police Department and his attorney. On when the rocker will have to turn himself in, it will be determined by LAPD officials and his lawyer.
Gilford PD issued an arrest warrant for Manson on May 25. “The Gilford Police Department has an active arrest warrant for Brian Hugh Warner (aka: Marilyn Manson) for two counts of Class A misdemeanor Simple Assault stemming from a 2019 incident at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion,” so read the statement shared on Facebook.
“The alleged assaults involved a videographer,” the message added. “Mr. Warner, his agent and legal counsel have been aware of the warrant for some time and no effort has been made by him to return to New Hampshire to answer the pending charges.”
The incident allegedly took place at Manson’s concert at the Bank of NH Pavilion on August 18, 2019. At that time, he allegedly spat on the videographer’s camera while he was performing and the videographer claimed his saliva got on them.
Manson’s attorney Howard King previously told PEOPLE that the charges, which carry a possible jail sentence of less than one year and a fine of $2,000, were pursued after the videographer asked for $35,000 for the damage on their camera.
“It is no secret to anyone who has attended a Marilyn Manson concert that he likes to be provocative on stage, especially in front of a camera,” King told the outlet. “This misdemeanor claim was pursued after we received a demand from a venue videographer for more than $35,000 after a small amount of spit came into contact with their arm.”
“After we asked for evidence of any alleged damages, we never received a reply,” the lawyer further explained. “This whole claim is ludicrous, but we remain committed to cooperating with authorities, as we have done throughout.”
Source: Read Full Article