11am Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Giroud could join Inter Miami, Jorginho admits Arsenal talks, Rennes build-up

CHELSEA are still basking in the glow of their fifth win on the bounce in all competitions.

The Blues put two past Newcastle and have a trip to Brittany to face Rennes on Tuesday night.

Follow all the latest Chelsea news below…

  • Jake Lambourne

    ROUD TO SUCCESS

    Chelsea are reportedly set to allow Olivier Giroud to leave the club in January after the Frenchman fell down the pecking order.

    The striker, who nearly left the club at the beginning of 2020, has yet to start a Premier League game for Frank Lampard this season.

    Giroud scored two goals in France’s 4-2 win over Sweden last week, bringing his tally to 44 internationals goals.

    But he was back on bench at Newcastle on Saturday and was only given a brief run-out in the 87th minute in a 2-0 win.

    Speaking after the match, Giroud shared his frustrations at his current situation and admitted he may have to leave to rescue his Euro 2020 dream.

    But where could he end up? SunSport takes a look…

  • Jake Lambourne

    BEWARE OF THE BART

    Chelsea, Arsenal and Leeds United are reportedly in a fight to sign AFC Wimbledon starlet Quaine Bartley.

    The three clubs are interested in signing the 16-year-old, who is tipped to make his first-team debut for the League One club, according to TEAMtalk.

    The report claims that Bartley is not pushing for a move despite the Premier League interest and he remains hopeful he could force himself into the first-team at the New Plough Lane this season.

  • Alex Terrell

    NO WAY, JOSE

    Former Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg has stated that Jose Mourinho believes he got him the sack during his second spell at Chelsea.

    Speaking on on Paddy Power’s podcast, From The Horse’s Mouth, Clattenburg was asked if any managers held a grudge against him.

    To which he said: “Jose Mourinho did, in the end. He was hard work when he came back from Real Madrid, and well, I got him the sack at Chelsea.

    “Well, he blames me for getting him the sack at Chelsea – but I would say it was more all of the results before that, too.

    “When he went to Manchester United, he was thinking the same thing – I’m going to get him the sack, so he was always anti-me.”

    Clattenburg and Mourinho during the Portuguese's second spell at ChelseaCredit: Reuters
  • Alex Terrell

    OL BE OFF

    Chelsea are reportedly set to allow Olivier Giroud to leave the club in January as a 'thank you for the striker’s service'.

    The Athletic claim the Blues are sympathetic to the Frenchman's situation with his departure not depending on them bringing in a replacement.

    The report adds that a final decision won’t be taken yet in case of any injury problems to Chelsea stars Timo Werner and Tammy Abraham.

    But if Frank Lampard's first choice forwards remain fit then a transfer exit for Giroud is set to be discussed with any interested clubs.

    In the past Chelsea have allowed other good servants for the club to leave in similar circumstances such as Cesc Fabregas to Monaco back in 2019.

  • Alex Terrell

    MORNING BLUES FANS

    Chelsea's Billy Gilmour continued his return for injury on Sunday with a goal for the Under-23s.

    The midfielder started and scored on Sunday as Chelsea's youngsters came from 2-0 down to draw with Manchester City in Premier League 2.

    Gilmour has been sidelined since July after suffering a knee injury during a pre-season match against Crystal Palace.

    Meanwhile, Olivier Giroud's future appears to be elsewhere – with David Beckham's MLS outfit Inter Miami linked with a move for the French star.

    In an interview with Telefoot he said: “It's worrying. I thought I still had a role to play at Chelsea but my playing time is getting reduced a lot. It's going to have to change or a decision must be made.

    “I am clear-headed about my situation: I will have to make a decision in January. I hope to make the right one, as I have always done.”

    But Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is set to block Aston Villa from making a permanent move for in-form midfielder Ross Barkley.

    Lampard has been impressed by the former Toffees man's rejuvenation and has revealed he will be part of his plans next season, according to 90min.

    Barkley has clocked up three goals and one assist in nine appearances across all competitions.

Source: Read Full Article