HomeLifestyleTyson Fury says he has 'nothing to hide' as he breaks silence over links to mob boss Daniel Kinahan ahead of Whyte fight
Tyson Fury says he has 'nothing to hide' as he breaks silence over links to mob boss Daniel Kinahan ahead of Whyte fight
TYSON FURY is adamant he has "nothing to hide" regarding his relationship with alleged mob boss Daniel Kinahan.
Fury's former advisor was last week named as the head of the "murderous" Kinahan Cartel by the United States Government and accused of sourcing and selling "large quantities of cocaine from South America" across the globe.
The Gypsy King was snapped with the now-sanctioned Irishman in Dubai in February but insisted: "Because I had my picture taken with a man it doesn't make me a criminal.
"I'm just a boxer. There could be a criminal in this building."
He added: 'I've got nothing to hide. The only time I've ever broken the law was when I got a speeding ticket."
Kinahan – who has no criminal convictions – was named in the Irish High Court in 2018 as a major player in organised crime on an international scale.
READ MORE IN BOXING
All of the latest from HUGE Wembley showdown plus how to watch
William Hill betting offer: Get £30 in FREE BETS when you sign up and bet £10
When asked about the drug allegations levelled at the Kinahans, Fury replied: "That's none of my business and I don't interfere with anybody else's business.
"But I do know what the media can do. Remember, I was the one witch-hunted a few years back.
"Anyway, I've got enough problems of my own to worry about now.
"Like a big lump of a man wanting to punch me in the face on Saturday.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Most read in Boxing
Terrifying moment gun is aimed at Amir Khan during theft of his £71,000 watch
PAWS FOR THOUGHT
Watch Fury hint at game plan for Whyte as dad rips into his 'average' body
HIGH 'N DRY
Whyte FINALLY in UK for Fury fight after delayed private jet KOs face-off
READY, EDDIE, GO
AJ's rematch with Usyk is ON with summer date almost fixed, reveals Hearn
"Like my wife preferring that instead of being in training camp I was at home helping her with our six kids and taking out the rubbish bins, which is what I'll be back doing on Sunday morning after this fight."
Kinahan was the co-founder of boxing management company MTK Global – who represent Fury – but the organisation cut ties with the 44-year-old in 2017.
Fury said of their professional relationship: "That only lasted from 2017 to 2020. Since then nothing. Nada."
Co-promoter Bob Arum revealed last week that he paid Kinahan – who Fury publicly thanked for helping broker a two-fight deal with Anthony Joshua – close to £3million to help secure four fights.
Read More on The Sun
I need hip replacement but I’d rather be in a wheelchair, says Liam Gallagher
Huge row erupts on Loose Women over Meghan and Harry returning to UK for Jubilee
Fury said: "It's none of my business either what a 90-year-old man wants to do with his money. That's up to him. It's out of my control."
WBC heavyweight champ Fury will be back in action on Saturday night, locking horns with former sparring partner Dillian Whyte in a historic domestic dust-up at Wembley.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS