HomeTV and MoviesJeremy Vine goes on lockdown as live studio audience CANCELLED over coronavirus fears
Jeremy Vine goes on lockdown as live studio audience CANCELLED over coronavirus fears
The Jeremy Vine Show announced no live studio audience will take part in the live show starting on Monday as a “precautionary measure” in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. The Channel 5 show is the first British programme to ban the audience following in the footsteps of shows across the United States which announced they will not record with a live audience present last week. A spokesman for The Jeremy Vine Show told the Daily Mail on Monday they will not have a live studio audience “for the time being”.
Other broadcasters, including the BBC and ITV, have chosen to continue having members of the public on unless “they have symptoms or have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.”
A spokesman for the Channel 5 programme said: “As a precautionary measure we have taken the decision not to have a live studio audience for The Jeremy Vine Show for the time being.
“This decision will take effect on Monday. We will continue to monitor and review official guidelines and advice.”
Jeremy Vine posted a video of the empty studio on his personal Twitter before the show began on Monday, with the presenter showing his followers only members of the filming crew and panellists will be present during the recording.
JUST IN: Feeling ‘hot to touch’ in these two parts of your body is a warning
In the video, Mr Vine could be heard saying: “Alright, today no audience. Normally they sit there on the show.
“We’ve got our brilliant panel, just. This is unusual, this is unusual. You’ve got a good day, stay healthy.”
At the start of the programme on Monday morning, the broadcaster said: “You may be wondering why there was not cheering for our panel today.
“Our studio audience is not here today because we understand we need to keep distance where possible.”
READ MORE: Coronavirus Spain map: The top regions in Spain struck down by killer virus
Coronavirus-related deaths rose by 14 on Sunday to 35, with 1,372 people testing positive to COVID-19 across the whole of the UK.
The BBC website states the corporation is following measures based on the advice from Public Health England to ensure the correct protective measures are in place to guarantee the safety of the audience.
The website however warned those who have been in direct contact with coronavirus sufferers should contact 111 and not visit the BBC.
They said: “Based on current advice you can visit the BBC, as a guest, audience member, and contributor unless you have been informed that you have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Contact NHS 111 if you have any queries.”
Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev to be postponed due to coronavirus? [ANALYSIS] Man Utd star Paul Pogba launches coronavirus fundraising campaign [INSIGHT] Nadal, Djokovic and Federer roles revealed in ATP coronavirus decision [OPINION]