The victims compensation fund for Jeffrey Epstein’s accusers has already received claims from 50 women and has begun issuing pay-outs to some, a rep with the fund said.
The program — which went into effect June 25 — is being run independently of Epstein’s $634 million estate.
“More than 50 individuals have filed claims so far and more than 140 have received a claims packet,” a spokesperson for the fund said in a statement. “Compensation offers are currently being issued and paid.”
The fund offers a confidential forum for women who say they were sexually abused by the 66-year-old convicted-pedophile hedge funder, to receive monetary compensation without having to fight their cases publicly in court.
There is no cap on payouts for victims, but fund administrator Jordana Feldman — who will determine the amounts herself — has previously said she expects “they will run from the thousands to the millions.”
Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide by hanging in August 2019 in a Lower Manhattan jail cell while awaiting trial on sex-trafficking charges.
While Epstein’s criminal case died with him, his alleged madame Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested in July for allegedly grooming young girls for sex.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article