Timo Werner transfer to Liverpool ‘happening’, with Reds set to offload three stars to fund £52m deal – The Sun

LIVERPOOL are closing in on a £52million deal for Germany sensation Timo Werner.

Sources say the transfer of the RB Leipzig striker is "happening".

Boss Jurgen Klopp is desperate to sign the hitman and plans to bring in £52m by selling Roma-target Xherdan Shaqiri, Harry Wilson and Marko Grujic.

German newspaper Bild's Head of Football Christian Falk believes Werner's switch to Liverpool will happen this summer.

He told lfctransferroom: “According to our information, the clause is 55 million as a base value and can grow to 60 million if RB Leipzig makes it into the Champions League.

“And yes, I think this transfer is happening. Interestingly, Werner now has a new Social Media and Marketing agency.

“The boss of this agency is also Jurgen Klopp’s manager.


“Werner is also talking a lot about Liverpool in the public eye now, too."

Klopp wants the 28-goal striker to boost his amazing frontline of Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.

Werner has steered Leipzig into the last eight of the Champions League.

He has already snubbed a summer switch to Bayern Munich.

There are clauses in his contract which means his value decreases dramatically over the next year or two.

It will reportedly drop to £22m in 2022.

Source: Read Full Article

10pm Chelsea news LIVE: Werner transfer LATEST, Lampard on Kante future, Blues getting ‘close’ to next signing – The Sun

CHELSEA are gearing up for a summer of activity as Frank Lampard looks to reshape his Blues' side.

But the Chelsea boss has been cautious this week when asked about when the Premier League should return to action, with a potential restart pencilled in for June 12.

Follow all the latest updates and transfer gossip below…

  • GIVE ME MOUR

    David Moyes has revealed he’d ask for Billy Gilmour in exchange for Declan Rice if Chelsea come knocking for his star man this summer.

    Moyes told the BBC: “The one [Scottish player] who if I could sign tomorrow I would is Billy Gilmour after his opening performances for Chelsea.

    “He’s looked like a seasoned pro, he’s looked like somebody who’s hungry, who’s in love with the game.

    “I was laughing because I keep getting told that Chelsea want Declan Rice…

    “So I thought well I might just decide I want Billy Gilmour and see how it goes.”

  • “They may be able to argue that point. And they can always find an excuse not to make themselves available, citing an injury.

    “But it’s also the case that there’s an extra issue with French, Dutch and Belgian players.

    “Their families are asking why they are possibly going to be put at risk by the Premier League and their clubs when football has been stopped by the governments in their own countries.

    “At the same time, they are looking at a higher death figure in the UK — and yet seeing football wanting to return soon.”

  • SAFETY FIRST

    The Premier League’s foreign legion are coming under pressure from their families over allegedly being railroaded into playing again.

    Premier League chiefs are determined to bring players and coaches inside the tent and ensure they have a full voice in restart discussions.

    But there are particular issues with players from France, Holland and Belgium — where football has been cancelled until September.

    One PL insider explained: “There’s an argument that all players might have a legitimate legal standpoint to say their health and safety is being compromised, or even threatened by being made to play…

  • WEMBLEY WAY OUT – EXCLUSIVE

    Wembley is back on the agenda as a potential venue to complete the Premier League season.

    The FA had offered both the national stadium and St George’s Park to be used from June to August.

    Last week top-flight teams made clear they wanted only club grounds used as neutral venues.

    Government officials are in talks with stakeholders and yesterday stressed playing under the Arch should be a serious option as it fits all the criteria.

    As a result, Premier League clubs are expected to do a U-turn and consider the north-west London arena.

  • HOLLOW THREAT – EXCLUSIVE

    Ian Holloway has warned that football could end up “killing” players if they rush back and he reckons if players do not die, then it could kill the bus driver taking them to games.

    He said: “You see a film about zombies and everybody runs away from them but if football kicks off too early we will be running straight at them.

    “We go too early with this and players might end up dying.

    “It’s madness to even be thinking about playing when the dangers — according to the Government — are as bad if not worse than when this all started. It’s not only players at risk.

    “I don’t want to be responsible for the death of the bus driver taking us to a game. How would I be able to look his wife and family in the face? I couldn’t live with myself.”

  • REECE FOR THE STARS

    Chelsea have re-posted a throwback post from Blues youngster Reece James.

  • SAL DESTROYING

    Ex-Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou has been suspended by Hertha Berlin after filming himself singing a “corona song”, flouting social distancing rules and moaning about pay cuts.

    In an ill-timed Facebook Live video, Kalou, 34, is seen fist-bumping team-mates and staff and even barging in on a pal's medical check-up.

    Defender Jordan Torunarigha was seen having what appeared to be his test for coronavirus – with Kalou having seen his result come back negative.

    On realising Kalou was filming, the doctor administering the test quickly says: “Sala, please. Sala, delete that, please.”

    Kalou simply claimed he was “only joking”.

    In the video, he is also heard singing a “corona song”, while criticising the club's decision to slash wages, adding: “They took 11 per cent. Why are they f***ing with us?'”

  • YES SER

    West Ham are poised to pip Tottenham and Chelsea in the race for French striker Serhou Guirassy.

    The Amiens frontman has bagged nine goals in 23 Ligue 1 games for his struggling side this season.

    Hammers boss David Moyes hopes to land Guirassy this summer after failing with a January approach for the 24-year-old.

    And reports in France claim talks are ongoing between the two clubs about a close-season deal.

    London rivals Chelsea and Spurs are understood to have joined the race for Guirassy's signature in recent months.

    However Le 10 Sport claims the Hammers are in pole position to land the striker – who was also on Leicester and Brighton's radar in January.

  • FREE FOOTBALL

    Some Premier League games are set to be shown on YouTube for FREE when the season restarts following the coronavirus lockdown.

    Under a proposal currently being discussed, all 92 matches still due to be played are to be broadcast on Sky Sports, BT Sport or on YouTube.

    It is hoped the 2019-20 season can still be finished in a jam-packed seven-week summer schedule

    But with games set to be played in front of empty stadiums, football bosses want fans to be able to watch EVERY game live.

    Under the plans, most games will be shown on main broadcasters Sky Sports and BT Sport.

    Amazon will have a selection of other matches and with no games due to be shown live on the BBC or ITV, YouTube is being discussed as a free-to-air option.

  • FAN’S VIEW

    The game of football started in the United Kingdom and over the years there have been some world class players produced in the county. Winning the World Cup in 1966 was obviously huge.

    But as a Chelsea fan during recent times, some of the best ever English players I have been lucky enough to witness have played at Stamford Bridge, writes Simon Phillips.

    In fact, some of the best ever Chelsea players I have witnessed have been English.

    During our most successful era in the Premier League so far under Jose Mourinho, the spine of the team had solid English foundations and that was of paramount importance to us winning so many trophies.

    With that in mind based on my experiences over the Premier League era, I have selected my best British Chelsea XI and manager.

    Read the full article here.

  • PUT YOUR HAT ON IT

    Manchester City and Chelsea are competing for £20million-rated PSV Eindhoven wonderkid Mohamed Ihattaren.

    The attacking midfielder, just 18, has hit nine senior goals this season for the Dutch club.

    City and Blues scouts have, according to CalcioMercato, kept the Holland Under-19 ace under regular observation.

    Inter Milan and PSV's league rivals Ajax are also on the Utrecht-born teenager's trail.

    Ihattaren is under contract until 2022.He joined the Eindhoven club as a seven-year-old in 2010.

  • BOG ON

    Jeremie Boga is attracting interest from Roma as Chelsea continue to be linked with re-signing the winger.

    Sassuolo signed him from the Blues in 2018 for £3.5million.

    And Frank Lampard can return him to West London via a modest £13m buy-back clause.

    However, Goal report on Roma sounding out a deal to sign Boga direct from Sassuolo this summer.

    With eight goals and two assists for the Neroverdi this season, the 23-year-old is not the only winger earning attention from the Italian capital as Pedro is also tipped to be a target for Roma.

  • THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

    Chelsea players who left the country during the coronavirus pandemic have now all returned, claim Sky Sports.

    Seven first-teamers decided to go back to their home countries rather than see out the lockdown in England.

    But the Premier League side asked they return by yesterday and reporter Kaveh Solehkol has tweeted that all have checked back into the UK.

    Spaniards Kepa Arrizabalaga, Pedro and Marcos Alonso had all flown home as well as Brazilian winger Willian, Emerson Palmieri, Christian Pulisic and Andreas Christensen.

  • STAR APPEAL

    Chelsea have had some May 4 fun in lockdown by posting pictures of some of their first-team stars as Star Wars characters to mark the annual day celebrating the popular film franchise.

    Telling their fans “MayThe4thBeWithYou” may be more pertinent in these troubling times amid the coronavirus pandemic, perhaps even offering supporters a new hope.

    Mateo Kovacic has certainly been learning the ways of the force in his second season at the Bridge.

    While skipper Cesar Azpilicueta is perfect for the role of bounty hunter Boba Fett, having made a career of exterminating opposition attacks.

    Check out the full gallery here.

  • TIEM TO GO

    Sevilla have set their sights on signing Chelsea flop Tiemoue Bakayoko this summer, according to reports.

    The Frenchman has failed to live up to expectations at Stamford Bridge since his £40million move from Monaco in 2017.

    France Football claim Sevilla are willing to offer the midfielder an escape route at the end of the season.

    Bakayoko is under contract until 2022, but Chelsea are willing to let him leave permanently in the summer.

    Frank Lampard is determined to recoup some of the £40million transfer fee that the club forked out for him three years ago.

  • ARISE, SERHOU

    Chelsea, Tottenham and West Ham are battling over Amiens forward Serhou Guirassy, say Le10Sport.

    The 24-year-old joined the Ligue 1 club on an initial loan deal last season but they have now been relegated following the early shutdown of the campaign.

    Leading the race are said to be the Hammers, who are reportedly in talks with the Frenchman.

    Amiens value Guirassy at around £15million.

  • BEST IS YECH TO COME

    Chelsea’s attackers are in for a treat when Hakim Ziyech lands for next season, former teammate Alfred Finnbogason has stated.

    The Icelandic striker played with Ziyech at Heerenveen and believes anyone who fails to work well with the playmaker is not worthy of his talents.

    He told De Telegraaf; “I already knew that he was good, but what he has shown in recent years is not normal.

    “If you don’t click with Ziyech, you are not a good striker.

    “You just have to move well. He gives the balls exactly the way you want them.”

  • ANDRE AWAY

    Chelsea may be in the mix to sign Ajax keeper Andre Onana after coach Erik ten Hag revealed an “agreement” with the player.

    Whether or not that involves the Blues snapping up the talented shot-stopper remains to be seen.

    Ten Hag told Algemeen Dagblad: “Andre is very important to us and of course we don’t want to lose him.

    “But it’s true that we have an agreement from last year about the development scenario.

    “And what steps we will take if the right club comes in at the right price.”

  • MO MONEY MO PROBLEMS

    Chelsea will need to lower their £10million asking price to let Victor Moses join Inter Milan on a permanent deal, according to reports.

    Antonio Conte's side are keen to sign the player outright this summer after impressing during his loan spell this campaign.

    Moses, 29, is currently in his fifth loan in his last six years at Stamford Bridge following his switch to the San Siro in January.

    The six-month loan deal included a deal to land the Nigerian permanently which Conte is keen to explore but only at a lower price, according to CalcioMercato. 

    The coronavirus pandemic means clubs will not have spare cash to splash this summer with many forced to tighten the purse-strings.

    Chelsea are likely to listen to any offers for Moses with his contract expiring in the summer of 2021.

  • ART ATTACK

    Arsenal and Chelsea are set to battle it out for Orkun Kokcu this summer, according to reports.

    Gunners boss Mikel Arteta has been keeping a close eye on the £23million Feyenoord midfielder for several months.

    Arsenal have already made contact with the 19-year-old's representatives following his impressive spell of form.

    But Voetbal International journalist Martijn Krabbendam has revealed the Gunners are not the only interested club -Chelsea are also keen.

    Feyenoord have tried to tie down the Turkish star with a new long-term contract, but he swiftly rejected their approach.

    Real Betis and Sevilla will hope to lure Kokcu to Spain but Roma and Atalanta want him to play for them in Serie A.

  • DON’T THIA-GO

    Bayern Munich star Thiago Alcantara wants to see Philippe Coutinho stay with the Bundesliga club next season.

    Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton are among the sides reportedly tracking the on-loan Barcelona winger

    Thiago told La Vanguardia: “I know him well. He’s very good. I’ve seen him play since he was 12 years old.

    “I played futsal against him in Brazil and he loved it. He doesn’t think he lacks anything.

    “I love playing with high-level footballers and he is a phenomenon. He is a spectacular guy, super hard-working, with an unbeatable technique and incredible definition.

    “Players go through good and not so good moments and he is giving us a lot. We hope to have him next year too.”

  • WRIGHT ON THE MONEY

    Manchester City took a more long-term approach to spending their billions than Chelsea, Shaun Wright-Phillips has claimed.

    The former winger for both clubs discussed their varying approaches on FootballFanCast, adding that Liverpool have taken on a similar mantra as City.

    He noted: “From a mentality perspective, Chelsea’s success was instant and City’s was structurally built. From the facilities, the way they’ve bought players. I don’t think they have spent over £60 million on a player. They’re more strategic.

    “Whereas, when Chelsea were doing it, it was just instant and it worked, but it’s something that would never work again.

    “It’s the same if you look at Liverpool where it has been structurally done and they never had a massive takeover. When Jurgen Klopp came in he brought little things in slowly and I think that is a route a lot of clubs will go down from now on if they ever have a takeover.

    “Despite that, Chelsea and Man City both had the same aspirations. They both wanted to win titles and play in the Champions League.”

  • ON HIS BILLY

    Billy Gilmour will take try and win the title for Chelsea in the name of charity as the Blues' representative in the second ePremier League Invitational tournament.

    After Diogo Jota won last month's competition with a win in the final over Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold, 16 clubs are set to do it all again.

    Awaiting Gilmour in the last-16 is Watford's Andre Gray.

    The match will be streamed online on Wednesday, May 6 at 6pm.

    Prize money is set to be donated to the Players Together initiative supporting the NHS.

  • SAFE BET

    Real Betis want to bring Chelsea star Pedro back to Spain this summer – but Roma have also set their sights on him.

    The 32-year-old looks set to leave Stamford Bridge on a free transfer when his contract expires in June.

    Pedro has revealed he has offers from “many places” ahead of the summer transfer window.

    Real Betis are looking to lure the Spaniard back to his homeland after spending five years in the Premier League.

    Roma also look set to offer the Spaniard a chance to continue his career in Italy next season.

    The Serie A side have also been linked to Alexis Sanchez as they look to add some firepower to their squad.

  • HUDSON OH-BOY

    Who's ready for a new coronavirus lockdown challenge?

    This one is a little tricky, mind…

    Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi has created the Round The World Challenge where participants aim to do as many of the keepy-uppy tricks in a row as possible.

    Good luck!

Source: Read Full Article